Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Apr: Love Of The Month, Urban Decay's Naked Palette

Hello girls,

Before I begin writing about my love of the month, I would like to express thousands of sorry to you girls for not updating this blog as regularly as I should have. I guess I am married to my job which, I know is perfectly unhealthy.

And that, is the exact reason why I am posting my love of the month for April, in May. So, I am truly sorry girls.

To make up for the delay, I am going to treat you girls to a simple, DIY nail tutorial this week, so, stay tuned.

In conjunction with Sephora's opening in Malaysia in April, my love of the month for April is...drum roll please, Urban Decay's Naked Palette (for those of you who are wondering, no, I did not get the palette from Sephora Malaysia because last I checked, they do not have it in the store. At least, not yet).

I bought this baby from a Malaysian website http://ix-ora.blogspot.com/ for RM239 including shipping payment.

I know, it costs a bomb but I reckoned it was worth the money because of all the hype that its getting from makeup lovers worldwide.

I was too excited when I got my hands on it (as always).

This is how it looks like.


The palette has 12 super smooth shadows that could be worn on its own or blended with other  shadows. It also contains a a travel-size eyeshadow primer potion (YAY!) and a cruelty-free good karma eyeshadow brush.



The shadows have interesting names such as Gunmetal, Sidecar, Sin and Virgin. The looks that could be created with palette range from subtle, natural, slightly smoky to ultra smoky.

Here are the swatches that I did with the palette:


      From left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked


From left to right: Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked


From left to right: Smog, Dark Horse, Toasted


From left to right: Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal


To tell the truth, I would not say that this is an absolute must have or anything like that because I personally felt that some of the colours available in this palette are almost identical to the colours in other makeup brands.

That said however, I do feel that this palette is a worthy investment.

I do hate the colours Virgin and Naked as I felt that it is way too light for my dark complexion. I think that these colour are not even suitable to be used as highlight on my eye area as it is too frosty for my liking.

Apart from that one little flaw, I love the rest of the colors in the palette.

I personally think that the shadows will work great if you know how to match them. For instance, Toasted makes a great lid colour when paired with Hustle as the crease colour. Likewise, the combination of Smog as a lid colour and dark horse as a crease colour is simply divine.

Its all in the experimentation.

So girls, this baby is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment